My son has been taking Cocaine for a month

This section is for Family and Friends. How did Cocaine affect your family, Marriage, Friends, Relationship etc.

My son has been taking Cocaine for a month

Postby sue12 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi, My partners son is 22 years old, and has just confessed he has been taking Cocaine. He says he has only been doing it for about a month. I don't know how much he is taking. Should I be worried? Is there any advice I should be giving him? Is he an addict?
sue12

Re: My son has been taking Cocaine for a month

Postby Steve123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Don't get sucked in. Stay away from the friends who are dealing/taking it. I know, its really not worth it.
Steve123

Postby sue12 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for the reply Steve. The problem is he is getting it from people he works with, so he can't stay away from them or he has no job. He was unemployed for about 8 months before he got this job, and really likes it there. I really don't know what to do for the better.
sue12

Postby Andy284 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 am

Hi Sue, just logged on before I go to work and was reading your post.
At the end of the day, if he gets caught with Cocaine at work, he won't have a job anyway, but why should he give up his job because of one or two employees?? Maybe he needs to get involved with a different crowd at work, and move on from it
If he can. I don't think giving up his job is the answer as he could get a new job and do exactly the same thing.
Andy284

Postby sue12 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 am

Yes I think you are right. Thanks for the reply.
sue12

Postby Ali B » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Maybe ask him how often he is taking it cos I am a similar age and I use it now and then and everyone does it. When I go out its like I am the wierd one if i am not doing it. Saying that though he could be using it all the time but i doubt it cos it costs a lot of money and no one can afford that surely! Im sure hes fine but yeah defo encourage him to mix with different people at work.
Ali B

Return to FAMILY AND FREINDS