Help my brother...

Feel free to comment on anything "ADDICTION RELATED" in this section.

Help my brother...

Postby brotherC » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Recently he has admitted his addiction to Cocaine to myself and a select few family members. It is seriously out of hand, he has caused him a lot of debt and he now cannot seem to help himself despite knowing he is harming himself and others.

What do I do? He has seen a doctor, he has been to a drug centre and has been advised to go attend a Cocaine Anonymous meeting.

Is there anything I can do that I haven't already tried to help? He is depressed, angry, moody, aggressive and compulsively lying all the time.

Advice please... I need it!
brotherC

Re: Help my brother...

Postby Andy284 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 am

Good morning Brother C.

I am sorry to hear about your brother, but this is the cold facts:

The doctor will not want to know, he is a waste of an appointment in his eyes. And once you have seen his doctor, all he will do is add his addiction to Cocaine to his medical record. Not great if he ever wants to work abroad etc!

The hospitals won't want to know, he is a waste of a bed.

The best you will ever get from a community drug and alcohol team, is a free detox/rehab which has a 2% (yes 2%) success rate and it will be a minimum of 9 months if he ever gets one, if he gets any at all.

Your only way to sort your brother out is to pay for him to go privately. (But ONLY if he really wants to give up) it will never work if he does not want to give up. You may as well put your money in the bin.

So, what does it cost? The cheapest I know of in the UK today us £2,795 for 10 days detox and rehab. There is no real detox for Cocaine as it is a psychological addiction, but he will get medication to help him.

Your best bet is to phone the guys here at the addiction helpline on 0845 3881 543 or mobiles call 07811 606 606.
Andy284

Re: Help my brother...

Postby Fiess1981 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

hey there Brother C. i'm also here because of my brother and seemingly they are both having quite same problems... i was just wondering if you managed to help him as i can see that quite some time has passed since you wrote that. have you found something helpful? please update! thanks!
Fiess1981

Glad to be a part of this awesome community!

Postby StacyBilM » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks for setting up this awesome resource! Happy to be a part of it.
StacyBilM

Return to GENERAL GOSSIP