Addicted to anti sickness tablets.

This sections is for all other addictions. ie, Internet Addiction, Eating Addiction etc

Addicted to anti sickness tablets.

Postby c91 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Ok so I suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks which leave me housebound. My worst fear is vomiting. I will do anything to stop myself being sick and that includes self harm, scratching myself, pulling my hair ect. Because panic attacks make you feel nauseous a lot of the time it is a constant worry for me. I was prescribed Buccastem when I was 17 for bad morning sickness. I am now 21 and I still constantly take them. I take probably about 2 a day or anytime I get anxious. I cannot leave my house unless I have them even just walking outside into the garden. I think I am addicted to them and I want help but the fear of vomiting is too much for me cope with. I tell the doctor i need them because i feel sick constantly which is a lie but just so he keeps prescribing me with them. I really don't know what to do. Could anyone offer any advice please?
Thank you x
c91

Re: Addicted to anti sickness tablets.

Postby Andy284 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:17 am

You have a psychological addiction. You think it's the travel sickness tablets making you feel better. It's not! This is a mental health issue and not an addiction issue. Seek counselling through your doctor.. It's free. There will be underlying issue causing your problem which need to come to the surface so as you can deal with your day to day life. If you don't tell your doctor the truth, how can he deal with the problem?? Simple really. Good luck. ;)
Andy284

Return to OTHER ADDICTIONS