I don't know what my addiction is .... HELP

Do you have a Gambling Addiction?? Get help from discussion here. Everyone welcome.

I don't know what my addiction is .... HELP

Postby benlawyers » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

by benlawyers » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

by benlawyers » Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

I have regularly had financial issues and have a poor credit rating through the taking up of various loans over the years. i go to the pub every day but only ever drink 2 pints and i always go to a pub that has a fruit machine strangely never with the intention of necessarily winning (in fact winning doesn't give me a buzz at all. it gives me relief that i haven't got to explain where the money has gone but nothing more) i usually just throw money away until i have non left. this is usually no more than £20 or so BUT it is EVERY time i visit a pub so the impact on the house finances is severe. I know this is an addiction and that i am an addict but i don't know to what. i don't think it's gambling (i've been down the GA route before) it's more that i don't deserve the money if that makes sense and that my life doesn't seem normal if i don't have financial stress ..... i could go on but hoped these feelings might ring a bell with someone ..... i get very stressed when i don't have physical cash in my pocket and yet when i do i need to get rid of it somewhere and that is usually through a combination of drink and fruit machine because that 's the quickest way to get rid of small sums
benlawyers

Re: I don't know what my addiction is .... HELP

Postby Lucy Cole » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Benlawyers.
I don't feel you have a gambling addiction, but just a problem with life in general. Seek help through a close friend, or a counsellor. It worked for me. x :)
Lucy Cole

Postby benlawyers » Mon May 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Lucy Cole wrote:Hi Benlawyers.
I don't feel you have a gambling addiction, but just a problem with life in general. Seek help through a close friend, or a counsellor. It worked for me. x :)

Thank you Lucy. it's the feeling of whether i "deserve" help that's the problem i think. Daily it might only be a couple of pints and £20 but i ave been doing this since i was 18 (now 48) do the maths and its as big an issue as if i'd put the mortgage on the spin of a wheel and got drunk for months on end. thank you for your comments ... it's difficult to talk to friends or family though as it seems so alien to them and counselling always seems to rely on the feeling of deserving to get better for yourself rather than wanting to be better for others if that makes sense?
benlawyers

Postby Richard Sims » Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Bloody hell!!!!! If you have been doing it that long, you need to get some professional help ASAP!!!!! :(
Richard Sims

Postby benlawyers » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Richard Sims wrote:Bloody hell!!!!! If you have been doing it that long, you need to get some professional help ASAP!!!!! :(

My point exactly !! thank you for the black white approach :D
benlawyers

Postby Jerry38 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:45 am

You need to seek a professional help, it will work for you.
Jerry38

I dont know what my addiction is HELP

Postby RomalaG.Lok » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 am

I dont know much about this - but do you have a family planning clinic near you? I think you can get tests and things from there and your doctor doesnt need to find out. I really hope things work out for you. xo
RomalaG.Lok

Return to GAMBLING ADDICTION