I don't know where to start, codeine addiction

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

I don't know where to start, codeine addiction

Postby Wishitaway » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi all,
I am a 23 year old called Dawn, I have known for a little while now that I am addicted to codeine, not just mentally but physically too. I have previously tried to stop taking it and it hasn't ended well and I end up back on it. I started taking these painkillers due to back pain and severe chronic headaches, nobody warned me about how addictive these were and three years later and I'm hooked. I feel so embarrassed about it, my partner knows and I am open with the doctors that I struggle stopping the medication but they don't seem concerned.
The issue is, I'm constantly thinking of when I can take my next dose, counting the hours down and that is no way to live. I am a law student and I have seen what addiction does to people and I don't want to end up like that but I have no idea where to start. Being honest, I like feeling the buzz, I have bad mental health problems and I find I rely on the numbness which apparently is common with my diagnosis. I suppose the question is, where do I begin and how? Please help
Wishitaway

Re: I don't know where to start, codeine addiction

Postby Kazzie2702 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi,

I’ve read your post. I’m 30 years old female, and I’m also addicted to prescription painkillers, specifically Tramadol.
I also was doing my law degree and had to drop out eventually, mostly due to my addiction. So I think we have a lot in common. What I want to say to you is, I’m probably the future of what you will become if you don’t seek help. I didn’t say anything or do anything about my addiction even though I KNEW I was dependent on them. What will happen is that ten years from now, you will still be on them. This is what happened to me. My Doctor cut my supply, which will happen eventually as no Doctor will keep you on a narcotic painkiller for long term, so I started getting them non prescription by using a dark web marketplace to get them sent to my door, easy as pie! UK to U.K. address and I was getting my painkillers sent Royal Mail post through my front door. What will happen next is that your tolerance will increase, you then need more and more and more to fill that craving because 1 or 2 pills don’t cut it anymore. Then you end up with a full blown addiction. I’m only now just entering treatment and to be honest, I feel relief that I asked for help. I’m currently starting a tapering plan, this means that each two weeks I will reduce the amount. I’m not going to lie, it’s very difficult to get off an addiction. Once you’re dependent, you can’t stop cold turkey because you’ll have full drawn physical and mental withdrawal. You need to seek help. If your Doctors aren’t helping, you need to do as I did and search for a drug addiction charity in your area. Never think that because you’re not on something like heroin or crack, these charities aren’t for you. I’m fully functional but I went to my local drug help group to seek treatment.
If you need to talk or anything further, please contact me on
Redline2727@outlook.com. It’s another email I have. X
Kazzie2702

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION