Codeine Addiction

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Codeine Addiction

Postby Houndsoflove » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Just wondered if anyone can give me any advice and motivation as I'm on day 6 of codeine withdrawal and although the physical symptoms are getting better, mentally I don't feel good. I have been abusing codeine for about 3 years after being prescribed them for a bad back and these magic pills made all my depression and lack of confidence go away. I felt good and I was so productive whilst on them. They made painful thought disappear and made me feel like I was a better mum and better at my job etc etc. I feel so ashamed, I've never took drugs or drank to excess I don't feel like a 'drug addict' but I know I am. My biggest worry now is will I ever feel happy again? I haven't told anyone about this, I have stopped without any help but I know if I touch them one more time I won't be able to stop again and I'' too ashamed to ask for help. Basically I'm asking will I come out the other end and be able to feel happy? Or will I spend the rest of my life craving those pills and how they make me feel.
Houndsoflove

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION