flat closure

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

flat closure

Postby toodles60 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi

I'm the mother of a heroin addict who was recently given 48 hours notice for a housing association flat closure. Went to court friday and was basically accused of everything but the lindberg kidnapping. If shes a drug addict she must be a prostitute. Any men at her house even though friends must be customers or drug dealers or addicts. Just some vile accusations. All hearsay from three neighbours. All other neighbours said nice things and that wasn't even used in court. No time. She also has severe physical and mental health problems. No time for any defence witnesses etc. So on friday she was given the closure and taken by the police to have one hour to remove some belongings. This is a three month closure giving her some time to appeal. She can't afford to appeal. My problem is that her whole life is in that flat. personal possessions, all her furniture, appliances. Her whole life basically. They won't let her come here as i live in a house belonging to the same association. My question is (we have her in a bed and breakfast till tomorrow which is all i could afford and then she's on the streets), what about all her furniture and belongings? Surely they can't take them and thrown them away. Sofas, fridge, oven, bed, dressers, paperwork, clothes. everything people have in a home is now boarded up in there. Does anyone have any information as to what will happen? Will they pack it all up and put it in their storage so we can then remove it and store it ourselves? Can they just throw up someones property? Nobodys talking to us and we don't know what to do. I wondered if anyone knew what will happen to her property. Will they pack it up for her?

She was advised that the council homeless unit would have to help her but because the housing association lost in court with no grounds, the council took over and won and they say they won't house her. we're so worried about all her furniture and belongings.
toodles60

Re: flat closure

Postby Andy284 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I feel the least of your worries is her funiture and belongings. I feel you biggest worry should be her!!!
Talk to your local "community drug and alcohol team" and they should help her.
Andy284

Postby toodles60 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 am

Andy284 wrote:I feel the least of your worries is her funiture and belongings. I feel you biggest worry should be her!!!
Talk to your local "community drug and alcohol team" and they should help her.

Her furniture and belongings are the question i asked about so will wait for someone to answer the question. Not sure why you answered if you didn't want to address the question asked. I'm sure someone will come along and be helpful soon. This is HER worry. I'm sorry if it seems to have offended you that i asked a question she's desperate to have answered. Please don't respond again, it was upsetting with the needless exclamation marks and holier than thou attitude. I'll go to another forum.
toodles60

Postby sue12 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:50 am

Hi Toodles

The Council are not going to want her stuff. It will cost them money to get rid of it. This is what you need to do:

Call the council and let them know when you will be collecting her belongings.

Either put them in storage or keep them at your house / garage until your daughter finds somewhere new to live.

The council are not evil people, they are just sadly following guide lines which have been set up.

I hope that helps. Good luck. Sue x
sue12

Postby Andy284 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm

toodles60, if you wish to go to another forum, please do. :D :D :D

It may be all this running away which has left your daughter in the position she is in????

Maybe time to stand up and face things? Only a thought!!!!!
Andy284

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION