Help needed to stop addiction but I don't know where to go.

This section is for people who have a shopping addiction.

Help needed to stop addiction but I don't know where to go.

Postby Taplow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 am

Hi everyone, its my first time here so thanks for listening.
I realise i have a problem with shopping. I am buying 10's of items a week. Mainly clothes. I don't need them or particularly want them and just buy them, remove the labels and hide them in the wardrobe so my husband doesn't know i have bought more. Afterwards remorse kicks in and I put the labels on and take most of them back. I have to bags of stuff to charity shops all the time so the house isn't overrun with clothes. I have visited my GP who says i am suffering from Anxiety, depression and OCD and has now given me medication.

I don't think anyone really understands the scale of my shopping. It just makes me forget about all the crap stuff going on for a bit. I need to stop as i am just getting in a mess hiding piles of clothes, getting stuff muddled as to where it came from when I am returning things so i cant take them back, losing receipts so i am not able to return things. Im going to end up in debt. Its all on my credit card and i have already had to take an interest free one and balance transfer. I can pay it off now but i have it on my own cards to hide the spending.

Where do i start - how can I get help before i end up in a real mess?

Thanks
Taplow

Return to SHOPPING ADDICTION