Prescribed opioid addiction

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Prescribed opioid addiction

Postby BoomerUK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi...I'm New here and found your site browsing for info.

I'm at a very low point....I suffer with chronic pain and depression. I have been taking opioid based meds for 12_13 years ( tramadol mainly) but now I'm on fentanyl patches and codeine. I take other meds too such as diazepam, carbomezapene, duoloxiten mirtazipene.

I've tried to fight my depression but I'm scared of coming off my pain meds too even tho they don't help because my tolerance is so high. I used to take 600/800mg tramadol a day and I know have 50mg fentAnyl patches every three days with 240mg codeine on top.

I want more...I want to be doped out all the time but I desperately want to stop too. Can/does extended use of opioid meds lead to a decline in mental health?
BoomerUK

Re: Prescribed opioid addiction

Postby Andy284 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi

Extended use of Opioid meds does not produce a decline in mental health.
Andy284

Postby Pjarvo1984 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:16 am

Hi BoomerUK, you've made the right step in speaking about your problems
Pjarvo1984

Postby Goingsober » Tue May 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi BoomerUK, an opioid addiction is not a rare problem, you're definitely not alone and if you feel it may be addictive to continue, a detox is a good idea. If you feel you need help coming off the pills and you want support and counselling, I highly recommend ADUS Healthcare. They offer a rehab process here: http://www.adushealthcare.co.uk or a home detox here: http://www.alcoholhomedetox.co.uk
Goingsober

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION