Drugs in UK jails

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Drugs in UK jails

Postby lostfaith » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi all I'm looking for some info on how the drug system works in UK jails , I want to know prices on heroin and subbies , how easy is it to get your hands on these ? How do you pay for your fix if no money exchanges hands ....I know how the drugs get in their but want to know how to keep up with a habit while inside , Also drug teststing how long do these drugs stay in your system and what punishment is given if you get a positive etc 
lostfaith

Re: Drugs in UK jails

Postby topa01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Hey lostfaith.
Hope this answer helps despite you asking the question ages ago. Heroin in prison is expensive you don't even get half a point for a tenner. U get a sheet on which you tick what you want with your money and they bring you your shopping once per week. Usually its tobacco that is swapped for drugs but it can be food or toiletries too. Subbies in prison are expensive they go for a pack of burn per ml in some jails but in some where there's is a shortage 2 packs that's between 5 and 10 pound nearly for a ml. To keep a habit up in prison is hard to do under the radar. Your only allowed to spend a little of your own money and the average wage for work is 10 pound per week. One way you could keep up with your habit is to lend stuff out .ths used to be called double bubbleing coz what was lent out was double back but now the usual price back is 50% on top so one pack of burn(what tobacco is called in prison) would be one and half packs back. I would only reccomend this money maker if u either look like you can handle yourself or have mates around or just don't mind fighting if u need to. Prison has a lot of people in with no morals and its not uncommon for people to get taxed(robbed). However if you don't mind prison knowing your on drugs you can do a piss test when you get there and u will be put on methadone. They used to only do this for 10 to 14 days but now leave you on it for all your time there if you say you need it or will end up using. Then you could at least not be ill and you could treat itself to getting high once per week or so. Drug testing is not regular and is usually on average once per year unless you get noticed for being in with drug culture. You have to be acting an idiot for that to happen. For example whispering in someone's ear or pulling them away for private chat would not be seen as suspicious since even prisoners like a gossip. However walking around wobbleing with eyes that can't be held open would get u noticed. It helps if you don't make enemies of screws(prison officers) since majority of them are of the mindset if your not causing them a problem then they don't give a shit. Drugs like opiates only stay in your system for 3 to 5 days. If you fail a test the punishment will usually be being locked up in a room with no TV and not being able to use canteen(prison shop) for that time. You could just get a warning if you get on well with the screws. However bad behaviour alongside or repeated failed drugs tests could mean they call a judge in to make you lose days (serve longer in prison) this would be like 30 days or more. One last thing when I say get on with the screws I mean keep it sweet so your life's easier. Don't try to be their favourite prisoner since prisoners won't like it. Also screws are not the sort of people u should like its not uncommon for them to form gangs of mobs attacking one prisoner then all getting together and putting statements in to police to cover it up. On top of that and the us and them mentality bear in mind they are all corrupt or turn blind eye to corruption and when they have the sort of job they do that makes them worse than people they locking up. Sorry to go on but its personal to me since i just. Done over 10 years after getting a life sentence. I been out just 3 months. Anyway gonna leave it there except to say you sound like your not interested in giving up drugs completely which although may not be ideal its your choice. However one option is cutting down to a weekly treat or something, which I ask you to consider. U will feel so much better once you beat your addiction and if you do have a treat you will appreciate it so much more. You look forward to it and feel great for having control over something that you never used to be able to. Anyway if you have any questions about drugs or getting clean please let me know I will be happy to help.
topa01

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION